Friday, January 8, 2021

Sending Paper Hugs

Hello Friends,


As a nation, I am saddened by the state we find ourselves in. And the reality is that it will take us time to heal. Right now, I do not have the words to express all the emotions that I am feeling. However, I find myself seeking a moment of quiet for reflection and pondering how to move forward. 


Today, I am sharing a card I made offering a "Paper Hug." I think we could use one right about now. 



Making this card is a great way to use those scraps of paper we have in our craft rooms that we cannot let go of but are taking up precious real estate. To create this card, I took a piece of Sugar Cube cardstock and covered it with strips of Guava, Pink Champagne, Cookie Monster, and Pablano cardstock. I then Used the Collegiate Letters to diecut the word "Hug" from the panel. Using a We 'R Memory Keeps geometric 3D embossing folder, I added a little visual interest to the background panel. A heat embossed sentiment on vellum and a few paper airplanes complete this card. 




There is a lot of work that needs to be done in the days and months ahead. Remember to pace yourself. Self-care is important, so set time limits for screen time, rest, listen, and lean into your communities. I am sending hugs to all my friends in the crafting community.


Hugs,


Keia 


Card Supplies:

Cardstock: TE (Guava, Pink Champagne, Cookie, Pablano, vellum)

Dies: Diamond Press (Collegiate Letters)

Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Sending Letters), Diamond Press (Flower Garden)

Accessories: Copic Markers, VersaMark, black embossing powder, 

 

Join the conversation!