Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Diamond Press| Lovely Floral Collection

Happy Tuesday, Crafty Friends!


Today, I am sharing cards using Diamond Press's Lovely Floral cover plates. This collection features four floral cover plates and is perfect for making quick, elegant cards. Or, pair the cover plates with one of your favorite techniques to take your cardmaking to the next level. 



For this card, I used masking stencils to create a twilight effect using dye inks in beautiful shades of deep purple, blue, orange, and pink. I diecut the silhouette image three times to add dimension without having to use foam adhesive on the delicate stems. A simple heat embossed sentiment completes this card. 



Another fun technique is to use alcohol inks to create an organic background for your diecut. 



Using alcohol inks creates a sense of movement.  When using alcohol inks, be sure to work in a well-ventilated area. I like to use Tim Holtz's Alcohol Ink Blower to move the alcohol inks around on my yupo paper. To create this card, I used some of my favorite colors Sunset Orange, Lettuce, and Sunshine Yellow. A simple sentiment diecut from gold mirrored cardstock adds the finishing touch. 



I hope these projects have inspired you to try a few new techniques with your cover plates. Thank you for stopping by.


Happy Crafting!


Keia


Join the conversation!