Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Wave Stencil| Thankful for You

Happy Tuesday Crafty Friends,


Today, I am sharing a card featuring the new Wave stencil from Scrapbook.com. Stencils are a very versatile tool in a crafter's toolbox and can be used in a variety of ways. 



To create this card, I started by inking a piece of Sugar Cube cardstock using Sky Blue, Summer Shower, Seaside, and Storm dye inks from Pinkfresh Studio. The Hero Arts Layering Koi Fish was stamped in a pale grey and Peach Fuzz inks. I appreciate the look of no-line coloring with Copic markers and try to utilize opportunities to practice this skill. As I am a newbie, it took me about two hours to color the beautiful flowers from Altenew's Pin Sketched Flowers stamp and die set. Many crafters use either a pale grey ink or Antique Linen Distress Ink for this technique. I used my Polychromo colored pencils to apply additional shading to the leaves and petals. I find it is best to let the ink dry on the card panel before applying white embossing powder. Allowing the panel to dry lowers the chances of the color bleeding through and discoloring the embossed area. By applying embossed ink in a more random pattern, provides a sense of movement to the card panel. A sentiment and a few clear dots to mimic air bubbles completes this card. 



Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful rest of the week.


Happy Crafting,


Keia 


Card Supplies:

Join the conversation!