Friday, January 22, 2021

Concord & 9th| All the Love

Happy Friday, Crafty Friends!


We made it and now it is time to get a little crafty this weekend! Today, I am sharing two cards featuring the new All the Love bundle and Scattered Hearts Turnabout from Concord & 9th. 



Okay, the Scattered Hearts Turnabout paired with the love "Love" die from the All the Love bundle has stolen my heart. I mean seriously, what is there not to love? With the stitching, the large size of the letters, mixed with the ability to create your own pattern paper, a creative's heart is ready to get inking.  To create this card, I inked the Scattered Hearts Turnabout once for the base layer seen on the A2 card base, and all four times in different colors for the pattered hearts. Once I had my heart pattern paper, I diecut the paper using the heart die. I diecut the word Love three times for added dimension and cut it apart. Once cut, I inked the bottom of each letter with Ballet Slipper die ink. The Love You solid heart is perfect for mixing colors on the same stamp for an abstract look. Now that I had my pieces ready, I slowly built up my layered card and add the You, diecut from Sorbet cardstock, to complete this fun take on using the Scattered Turnabout stamp in multiple ways. 



I love typography. I am a fan of mixing letterforms to create interesting graphics. So my heart was content when I had a chance to play with the various typeface stamps from the All the Love stamp and die set.



To create this card, I played with the stamps until I had a design that aesthetically worked for me. Once I have my design, I went about inking the stamps in the contemporary Valentine's color palette of Honeysuckle, Ballet Slipper,  Sea Glass, Aqua, and Oceanside. A vellum and Cranberry cardstock heart with the sentiment "Love You" completes this card. 




Thank you for spending a portion of your day with me. I hope these card projects have inspired you to create a little paper magic in your own crafty space. For more information on the products used and inspiration, visit the Concord & 9th website (HERE).


Happy Crafting, 


Keia 

Join the conversation!