Friday, October 22, 2021

Scrapbook.com| Trick or Treat with the new Slimline Spider Web

 Hello, Crafty Friends!


Happy Friday!! Do you have any crafty plans for this weekend? I will be living on a basketball court as my youngest is participating in his first basketball tournament. He is super excited and we are excited for him. So I started my crafty weekend a little early. Today, I am showcasing the new Slimline Spider Web stamp set on an A2 card front.



Okay, this card was a little bit of trial and error. I kind of had a design idea in mind, but my execution was less than smooth. To start, while I liked the idea of the tone-on-tone with the black glitter paper and black embossing powder, I would recommend attaching the glitter paper to a heavy cardstock base and then doing your heat embossing. The paper warped when heat was applied and I spent a bit of time smoothing out the paper. Next, I inked an A2 panel using a contemporary Halloween color palette and then stamped the spider web image. I like the contrast between the scripty lettering and the colorfully stamped panel. To complete this card, I pulled a few fall and Halloween dies from my stash to create a scene. Whew! All done!



Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a chance to step into your crafty space and create something beautiful!


Happy Crafting,


Keia




Join the conversation!