Monday, March 22, 2021

Small Things Have Great Power

Happy Monday, Crafty Friends!


How was your weekend? I had a chance to spend quality time with friends as we enjoyed a relaxing day. Today, I am sharing one of the cards I made this weekend using the new Scrapbook.com Moroccan Tile and Slimline Nested Rectangles. 



There are many different ways to use the new slimline dies. You can use this die to diecut, dry emboss, create a stencil, paper-piecing, or in the case of this card, use the diecut pieces to create a pattern. I love it when I can stretch my crafty tools to get the most from them. 



 

I used several techniques to create this layered card. First, I used the Slimline Nested Rectangles to cut a slimline card front from white cardstock. I inked the diecut panel with Pinkfresh Studio's Lemon Whip ink and Tea Dye Distress Ink. I paired the warm, buttery yellow from the Warms Slimline paper pad with the new Painted Peony washi and dies. I added vintage handwriting to the panel and used the Moroccan diecut panel to layout my design for the pop-out diecut pieces. A few inky gold splatters finishes the panel. The focal point for my card uses the beautiful Painted Peony. I paired this with the Leafy Branch die to provide extra foliage. And the sentiments from the Painted Peony stamp set are so impactful. I stamped the sentiment "Small Things Have Great Power" in Detail Black ink to complete this fanciful card. 



Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a chance to step into your craftroom this week and make something beautiful.


Happy Crafting,


Keia 


Supplies:




Join the conversation!