Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Scrapbook.com| Bright Pops of Color

 Happy Wednesday Crafty Friends,


I hope your week is off to a fabulous start. Over the weekend, the new Scrapbook.com Brights Bundle arrived (includes slimline and A2 sizes). I didn't have a chance to play with the new paper pads until early this week. Here is what I can write, if you have been wanting to add a POP OF COLOR to your crafts then this is the paper bundle for you. Sunglasses not included. LOL.


 


I am a huge fan of geometric and retro-hip designs, so when it was time to design with this paper bundle I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I had purchased Waffle Flower's Nested Diamonds dies and had not had a chance to use them, so I pulled the nested dies, Pinkfresh Studio's Heather Lowercase Alphas, and Altenew's Dot Art stamp set and got to work.  I used the neon warm tones from the paper pad and paired it with black and white to complete my retro-hip color palette. I used every other diamond die to create my focal point. I started by diecutting a large diamond then nesting the next die inside the diecut piece to create my pattern. Once I had all my pieces, I attached them to a piece of A2 cardstock with adhesive and diecut the panel with the larger diamond nesting die. I then cut the diecut piece in half. I continued the color palette with the alphas and used the Brights colors for the letters' outline. To ground the bold colors, I used inked images from the Dot Art stamp set to visually bracket the diecut design. 




I hope this card has inspired you to add a little color to your projects. If you are interested in seeing more inspiration using the new Brights Bundle, check out the (prerecorded) YouTube Live video on Scrapbook.com's social media platform on Thursday, March 4th at 10am CST (HERE). If you are interested in this bundle, be sure to add other items to your cart before the Brights Bundle Flash Sale. This way you can get all your crafty goodies before supplies run out. 




Happy Crafting,


Keia 


Supplies:


Join the conversation!