Monday, February 15, 2021

Scrapbook.com| Hello

Happy Monday!


I hope your week is off to a wonderful start. I sit here typing as the snow is falling and the winter advisory cautions limiting outside activity for fear of frostbite. So you know what this means? It is the perfect weather to grab a cup of tea and head into my craft room to create a little paper magic. 




I know it sounds ridiculous, but I find the slimline card to be creatively overwhelming. I am never quite sure where my designs should go. Do I create in the middle, the top, the bottom, or over the entire card base? And then there is the question of size. How big should one's card base be, and what about a coordinating envelope. Enter Scrapbook.com's Slimline Neenah Solar White Ultra Thick Card and Envelope set. The card base measures, when folded, 3.5x8.5 inches, and is 110lb. cardstock weight with a coordinating envelope. The paper feels great and is sturdy enough to withstand various craft techniques without warping.



To create this card, I started by inking the panel using Peacock Feather Distress Oxide ink. I allowed the panel to fully dry before using the Bold Stripe stencil and iridescent embossing paste. If I did not allow the panel to dry, then the paste would have turned the color of the inked panel and not remained eggshell white. After applying the paste, I added a few inky splatters using an opaque black watercolor. The panel did not warp with the addition of the watercolors. I set the panel aside to dry and created the elements for my card. I used Altenew's Pen Sketched Flowers and Crystal Frames for the focal point with a smattering of vellum leaves using Pinkfresh Studio's Curvy Leaves. A simple "Hello" sentiment completes this card. I cannot write that I am not entirely comfortable creating slimline cards, but I am making progress. And I will take that for the creative win. 



Thank you for stopping by. I hope this card has inspired you to create your own slimline card. 


Happy Crafting,


Keia 


Supplies



Join the conversation!

  1. Very lovely card, has a calming feel to it.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth, for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment. I am glad you like the card and that it evoked a sense of calm. Have a wonderful week. Keia

      Delete