Sunday, February 14, 2021

Happy Valetine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, Crafty Friends!


Do you have anything special planned for today? My husband is working the late shift, so we are postponing the actual "afternoon date" for later this week. However, that did not stop me from making him a fabulous card. If I do say so myself. Usually, I am behind in making cards for my loved ones, but I am trying to be more intentional about cardmaking for my family and friends. Wish me luck. 





Today's card features two critter friendly stamps sets from Lawn Fawn, Special Delivery and Love Letters, paired with Concord & 9th's Painted Shapes. The Painted Shapes stamp set is one of my absolute favorite stamp, so versatile. To create this card, I used the new Scrapbook.com Neenah Solar White Ultra Thick Slimline base. I have never really used premade card bases before, but I am enjoying the ability to pull a precut base and just start creating. Plus, having the precut bases takes the guesswork out of figuring what size to cut my slimline card base and envelopes are included. Score!




I did a little abstract inking with the large heart from the Painted Shapes stamp set using the Pinkfresh Studio's Berrylicious, Passion Fruit, and Coral Reef dye inks. Once my card base was complete, I stamped, colored, and diecut my cute little critters and coordinating love letters embellishments. Using Scrapbook.com's Classic Alphabet die set, I diecut the "Love You" sentiment. Once I had all my pieces it was time to put this cute card together. I know my husband is sure to love his Valentine's Day card. And I am happy that for once I am on time! 




Thank you for stopping by! I hope you are feeling inspired to step into your craft room and create something beautiful!


Happy Crafting!


Keia



Join the conversation!