Friday, February 5, 2021

Pocket Scrapbooking| Plant Life

 Happy Friday,


Fabulous friends! We made it and now it is time to have a little crafty fun this weekend. I have several card projects I am hoping to tackle...okay more like get inky and stamp my way to something fun and interesting. Who is with me?


Today, I am switching gears and trying out the new to me 9x12 pocket scrapbooking pages. I went with the horizontal 4x6 layout and I am loving the switch up from my usual 12x12.



For 2021 I am hoping to capture the beauty in the everyday moments of living. I am a people person and I love being outdoors, but with COVID-19 things changed and we had to reimage doing life from a different perspective. Since I love the outdoors, I decided to bring more of the outdoors into our home. My pride and joy is a towering fiddle leaf fig tree I named Figletta, i.e. Fig let a girl grow. When I purchased her, I was told she was the runt and therefore the last to be sold...to me. I couldn't believe my luck. I tended to her and she flourished. I also added to my plant family an African Violet, three air plants, a palm, a snake plant, and a few others. My boys are on a no more plant strike. I am sure I can outlast them. Prior to Figletta, I would not have considered myself a plant lover. I mean seriously I have killed a cactus. How is that even possible? So chronicling my plant adventures seemed like a page-worthy scrap opportunity.


To create this page, I started by printing my pictures using my Canon Selphy. Once I had my selected photos, I pulled out a few items I thought would pair well with my storytelling including my go-to Pinkfresh Studio Leafy Branch die, Echo Park Plant Lady 6x6 pad, Inspire and Classic Alphabet from Scrapbook.com, and a few other favorites. My title card is actually a picture of my silver pothos, which I overlayed with vellum and added a title using alpha dies.



I really like how this pocket scrapbook page came together. Now it's time to add this page to my new album and head off to the nursery for a quick peek at the new plants. Thank you for stopping by!




Happy Crafting!


Keia 



Join the conversation!

  1. Gorgeous page! I enjoyed hearing about your plant journey...and your plants look amazing. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Jan! Thank you for stopping by. I hope your new year is going well. Thank you for your kind words. Have a wonderful upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete