Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Pinkfresh Studio August Challenge| Stripes

Good morning, Crafty Friends!


The month of August is quickly coming to a close; however, there is still a little time left to participate in the August Challenge| Stripes. As always, creatives can use the theme, color palette, or both as a starting point. Either way, we hope you are inspired and join us for this month's challenge, which ends on August 31st.






Okay, let me be honest, it would have never occurred to me to pair together the colors from this month's color palette. However, I am blown away at how well these colors play off one another. And by using the colors in a geometric design the colors really pop. So this is a color palette that I will be keeping in my list of go-to's. To create this card, I started by stamping the Nested Diamonds, at an angle, onto white cardstock using the Regal Kiss, Candy Apple, Ballet Slipper, and Olive dye inks. I set the panel to the side to dry because the red ink has a tendency to smear if you try to immediately start manipulating it. Lesson learned on my part. I then created my floral cluster using the Blossoms and Berries collection and added a few bits of greenery using the Curvy Leaves die. Once the panel was completely dry, I used the Shaker Tags dies to create an inset focal point to nestle my bouquet into. And the stitching adds such a lovely touch to the stamped panel. A sentiment and a jewel-studded butterfly completes this card.  



Thank you for stopping by and sharing a bit of your day with me. Don't forget to visit Pinkfresh Studio's Challenge post (HERE) to enter your creation inspired by this month's theme/color palette. And one (1) lucky creative will win a $50 gift card to Pinkfresh Studio's online store! The winner will be announced on Wednesday, September 4th.


Good Luck and Happy Crafting!


Keia


Card Supplies:







Join the conversation!