Monday, August 2, 2021

Pinkfresh Studio August Challenge| Stripes

Happy Monday, lovely friends!


It is time to be inspired by the new Pinkfresh Studio August Challenge| Stripes.





I love monthly challenges because they inspire me to try new creative ideas that I might not have otherwise. As with each Pinkfresh Studio Challenge, there is the option to use the prompt, color palette, or both. This month I decided to use both and see where things would lead me. I love incorporating geometric elements in my designs, so using stripes is perfect for me. To create this card, I inked an A2 card base with Regal Kiss and Soft Lilac dye inks. Once the panel was dry I used the new Slimline Diamond Builder Layering Stencils to add texture to the background. I enjoy using embossing paste, glitter paste, and inks with my stencils. Adding stencil work to the background adds another level of layering that enhances my designs. I used Plum Punch cardstock layered with gold mirrored cardstock for my stripes and adhered this on top of my inked/stenciled panel. The Joyful Bouquet washi tape coordinated perfectly with this month's color palette. I used a few washi tape pieces for my card front and added varying hues of green leaves to the background using the Curvy Leaves dies. A simple, but poignant sentiment, along with gold metallic pearls completes this lovely card. 



 

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a chance to step into your craftroom and make something beautiful.


Happy Crafting,


Keia 



Join the conversation!