Monday, April 26, 2021

Scrapbook.com| Encouraging Verses

Happy Monday, Crafty Friends!


I hope your week is off to a great start! I had a chance to play around in my craftroom last week in preparation for National Scrapbook Day and it was glorious. It had been some time since I incorporated mixed media techniques into my work, and I am a bit rusty. I love all the layers, but it takes a moment for things to dry between layers. However, playing and revisiting a technique or two was just what I needed to refresh myself creatively. 




I love how this 5x7 piece turned out. This card is definitely a labor of love. A friend saw the finished piece and has already claimed it. I am glad she will be encouraged by the Biblical text. To start this project, I made sure to use mixed media paper. If you do not use the right paper, the addition of wet mediums will warp your project, and you will not achieve the desired end results. I first added the violet color palette to the top right corner of the page. Starting first with a light color and gradually adding more. I then flicked water onto the paper to give the piece an aged look. Using a paper towel I removed any excess. I let this dry before applying my next layers. (You can use a heat tool if you would like to speed up the drying time.) Next, I randomly added the script stamping to the panel and then using the Dashed stencil to add another layer of visual interest. 



I let all of this dry before using texture paste and The Crafters Workshop Angel Wings stencil. This keeps the embossing paste from soaking up the color of the bottom layer. I then added white inky splatters and heat embossed the sentiment. Now it was time to focus on the floral arrangement. I love the Keep Going coordinating stamp/die from Pinkfresh Studio. I used my Copic markers and colored pencils to color this lovely stamp set. As you know, we scrappers have a lot of little treasures hiding in our craftrooms. I scavaged for some lovely paper flowers I had kept for years and added this as another layer of texture and depth to the bouquet.  A few curvy vines intertwined in the bouquet adds a nice touch. 



The last piece is the lovely alcohol-inked butterfly with a vellum overlay. To be honest, this alcohol panel has been in my craftroom for a few months. I warned you that I keep things for a bit of time. I have used a piece of the alcohol panel here and there, but this was the perfect project for this finishing touch. I just love how this mixed media card turned out and I am so happy that it will bless a fellow crafter. 


Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a chance to step into your creative space and make something beautiful. 


Happy Crafting,


Keia 


Supplies: 

Join the conversation!