Friday, March 4, 2022

Ellen Hutson March Release| Astract Nature

 Hello, sweet friends!


Happy Release Day! The new March release for Ellen Hutson is now available! I made a few cards featuring the new Abstract Nature and Casual Taglines stamp sets. The Abstract Nature stamp set speaks to my creative soul since I love abstract art. 







Let me tell you, while abstract art is my jam, creating abstract art is nerve-wracking for me. Abstract art to me is about the artistry of shape and form and distilling the images we see down to their essence. No small feat for sure. I cannot say that is what I was able to accomplish since I did not have a particular image in mind, but rather, I love the organic symmetry of the shapes. 



To create this card, I created two matching inked panels using the Abstract Nature stamp set paired with the Casual Greetings and Nice of You die along with a mix of inks from Catherine Pooler and Concord & 9th. I really like the shape of the Nice of You die and wanted to include this in my design. I love how the addition of the die creates depth and visual interest. Using my MISTI, I inked a rainbow panel of shapes onto two A2 white card panels. After I had completed my design, I took one of the panels and diecut it using the Nice of You die. I then used the sentiment strips to create the raised panels that match the first panel and adhered them using foam adhesive.  A simple sentiment and black enamel dots complete this card. 



My second card just makes me smile because the sentiment is funny and reminds me of my hubby. I love to visit our local museums for inspiration and the Contemporary Art Museum is amazing. However, my husband does not share my views, hence the sentiment is fitting for him when I drag him to another contemporary installation. 


I created this card using many of the same techniques as the first card. I used the Abstract Nature and the classic Bokeh Dots stamp set to design my background panel. Once I had my two panels, I used one panel to diecut the word "Seriously" using the Classic Block Alpha set and paired this with the hilarious sentiments from the Casual Taglines stamp set. I think this card pretty much speaks for itself...seriously. 


Thank you for stopping by. I hope these cards have inspired you to create your own abstract cards! Don't forget to visit the Ellen Hutson store (HERE) or Instagram page (HERE) for more inspiration featuring the new March release! And if you spend over $75 or more, you can receive this FREE stamp while supplies last from March 1st - March 7th! Happy shopping!


Create something beautiful every day!


Keia 


Supplies: 


Join the conversation!

  1. Both cards are wonderful, but the second one is especially amazing! Loving the colours and ultra clever design!

    ReplyDelete