Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Scrapbook.com| Abstract Art With ReInkers

Happy Tuesday, Crafty Friends!


Today, I am sharing a card featuring Scrapbook.com's exclusive reinkers Metallic Rose, Metallic Gold and Metallic Frost.  




Reinkers are a wonderful addition to one's crafty toolbox. Reinkers can be used like watercolors, for organic coloring, adding color to mixed media pastes, and much more. I admire mixed media, but I lack the ability to let go and see where the medium takes me. This card was a labor of love as I played with the reinkers while creating organic shapes with flat paint brushes and spatula tools. I also learned how to appropriately layer each medium so that they work together and not against one another. In the end, I was happy to have a chance to learn, utilize the various tools in my creative space and just have the time to create and explore. 




To create this card, I used Strathmore Mixed Media paper as the base and cut it down to an A2 size panel. I then used a medium-sized flat brush to create brushstrokes with the Metallic Rose Reinker. I enjoy seeing the stroke marks on the textured side of the paper. Once dry, I layered the Gold Metallic Reinker on top. After the gold ink dried, I used the Nuvo Embellishment Mousse, in Indian Gold, to add texture.


The lovely leaf image is Altenew's Tall Foliage stamped in black ink. I wanted a scripty sentiment that would complement the organic feel of the background, and Scrapbook.com's Thankful and Grateful Slimline stamp set is perfect. At first, I tried to heat emboss the sentiment. However, even with using the antistatic powder, the embossing powder clung to the reinker background. For my second try, I used black Versafine ink to achieve a solid impression. A heat embossed sentiment using gold embossing powder and various matte gold pearls completes this card. 


Thank you for spending time with me. I hope this card encourages you to step into your creative space and make something beautiful while enjoying the process of learning to use your supplies and tools in new ways. 


Happy Creating...


Keia 


Supplies: 

Join the conversation!

  1. Beautiful card! Lovely colours too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan! This card was definitely a labor of love. It took me three days of playing to figure out how to incorporate reinkers into my creative design. However, I am glad I stuck with it. I hope you have a lovely weekend. Blessings

      Delete