Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Zebra Stencil| The Call of the Wild

Hello Friends,


I am back again with a quick card using the new Zebra stencil from Scrapbook.com. I will write, I use to be hesitant to use stencils. I often found them intimidating. However as I have grown as a cardmaker, I find myself drawn to the impact a simple stenciled pattern can have on my card designs. 



To create this card, I started by masking off a large circle to create a backdrop for my majestic tree. I inked the masked area using Taylored Expressions blending brushes with Peach Fuzz and Clementine dye inks. I then used Altenews layered stamp set, In My Thoughts, to stamp the tree layers onto Sugar Cube cardstock. Next, I covered the area and laid the zebra stencil onto the inked A2 card panel. I loved the idea of using a desert color palette to complement the zebra pattern. Starting from the bottom, I used Toffee, Spearmint, Regal Kiss, and Raspberry Sorbet dye inks to achieve the desired effect. A simple sentiment completes this card. 



I hope you have a chance to use your stencils to make something beautiful. Thank you for stopping by. 


Happy Crafting,


Keia 


Card Supplies:



Join the conversation!