Monday, December 28, 2020

Cardmaking| Thirty Minutes or Less

Happy Monday, crafty friends!


How was your Christmas? Did Santa leave you crafty goodies under the Christmas tree? Santa was good to me and left me a few pretties I had my eye on for a while. The best gift was hearing our youngest son say, "This is the best Christmas ever!" Wahoo! Kudos to Santa's elves. 


Now that the gifts have been unwrapped and the candy canes are eaten from the tree, it's time to start working on my thank you cards. I love cardmaking. I can become lost in the process and it can easily take me two hours to complete a card. I have a few cards to make and I need to shorten my design time. So I challenged myself to make a card in 30 minutes. I was pretty close. My time was 35 minutes. I will take it!



To create this card, I started by diecutting the Frantic Stamper's Festive Poinsettia die from watercolor paper. I used Barn Door, Fired Brick, and Festive Berries distress ink to color the petals. Taylored Expressions' Mulled Wine paper was used for the poinsettia petals outline. The leaves are diecut from Cilantro cardstock using Pinkfresh Studio's Leafy Branch dies.


I diecut the center panel using Spellbinders' Hemstitch Rectangles. These dies add a beautiful dotted-edging to my project. The A2 card background was created using Taylored Expressions' Boughs and Berries background stamp inked with Mint Julep dye ink. A simple "Thank You" sentiment and gold watercolor splatters completed this card.



I think this simple, but elegant card came together quite nicely. Now that I have my first one done, I am ready to make a few more. I hope this inspires you to make a few thank you Christmas cards, too!


Happy Crafting


Supplies:

Paper: Taylored Expressions (Cilantro, Sugar Cube, Mulled Wine), Canson (watercolor paper), Stash (glitter)

Dies: Frantic Stamper (Festive Poinsettia), Pinkfresh Studio (Leafy Branch)

Inks: Distress Inks (Festive Berries, Fired Brick, Barn Door), TE (Oreo, Mint Julep)

Stamp: TE (Boughs and Berries), Picket Fence Studios (Neighborhood)

Accessories: Gansai Tambi (Starry Colors watercolor)

Join the conversation!

  1. Gorgeous! Awesome job making something so pretty in 35 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Jan! Thank you for your kind words. Usually creating a card takes me closer to 1.5 to 2 hrs. Challenging myself to freely create without parameters was refreshing. I hope you have a chance to create this week. Blessings and Happy New Year!

      Delete