Friday, December 18, 2020

Stencil Magic| Hello My Dear Friend

Happy Friday Crafty Friends,


I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend with the family. This holiday season is quiet, but we are being intentional about reaching out and connecting with friends and family. I am enjoying making cards and sending happy mail. I even have had friends ask me to send cards to others to brighten their day. I can do that. Sharing handmade kindness is what we cardmakers do best. Today, I am popping in to share a card project featuring the new Cacti Stencil from Scrapbook.com. Looking forward to putting another card in the mail.



Working with stencils is a nice visual change for me. I love the ability to add texture and dimension to a project. To create this card, I started by using texture embossing paste and mixing it with Evergreen dye ink from Pinkfresh Studio. I then applied it to the front of my cardstock from the Boho collection from Scrapbook.com. Can I just write that the Boho color palette is fabulous? I am a plant mama, so I reached into my stash and pulled out the Spellbinders Build a Terrarium die set. I have had this die set in my stash for a while. I enjoyed the fact that I was able to show it a little love by doing this card project. To create the cacti in the terrarium, I first inked a piece of watercolor paper with Mint, Evergreen, and Olive dye inks. Once inked, I spritzed the inks with water to give a more textured appearance to the paper, and later using my white gel ink pen added highlights. I really like trying to stretch my products. In this case, I used a journaling card from the new My Best Life journaling card set for a background. A simple sentiment from the Sunshiney Day stamp completes this card. 



I hope you have a wonderful weekend as we head into the holiday season. Blessings to all. 


Happy Crafting,


Keia 


Card Supplies:


Join the conversation!