Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Abstract Inking| Hello Friend

 Hello My Favorite Peeps!

I have been seeing the technique abstract inking all over Instagram, and I just had to give it a try. Now, the technique does work best with mini ink cubes, but low and behold I have very few of those in my crafty stash. I am thinking maybe Santa needs to put a set or two into my stocking this year. (I am looking at you, hubby). 


This was a fun card to make because I had an opportunity to pull from several stamp sets to create the organic feel which makes this such a fun card. I started by first using Taylored Expressions' Masking Stencil-Ovals to create my focal. Using organically shaped stamps from various collections, including Altenew, Ellen Hutson, Mama Elephant and Simon Says Stamp, to create my abstract focal point. I then layered the feather image onto the abstract piece. Using Polychromo colored pencils, I colored the parts of the image that were not inked. A few inky splatters, a diecut Hello, and a sentiment complete this card. I would definitely recommend giving this technique a try. The results are well worth it. 


Thank you for stopping by!


Happy Crafting!


Supplies:

Stamps: SSS (Earth Has Music); Ellen Hutson (Bokeh Dots); Altenew (To The Moon); Mama Elephant (Hello Friend Wishes)

Dies: Altenew: (Blooming Bouquet)

Accessories: Taylored Expressions (Masking Stencil-Oval), Cardstock, and Inks

Join the conversation!