Monday, November 30, 2020

November Stories| Finding Meaning in the Simple Acts of Creating

One of my favorite magazines to read is In Her Studio. A magazine that showcases the lives of creatives. Where they create. What they create. Why they create. And often, the challenges of being a creative. I love reading it because I often struggle with balancing the intersection between work and home life. In Her Studio magazine gives me a glimpse into the lives of other creatives who too are striving to strike a balance in life while appreciating the beauty that surrounds them. Hence me using a bit of today to remember and reflect on yesterdays gone by.


Keeping up with my design schedule, along with my role as Super Wife/Mom (and yes, I do wear a cape), often leaves me with little time for other creative pursuits. However, the one thing I do try to carve time out for is collecting the precious memories of everyday life with my family. 



So today, I am spending a little bit of time gathering my thoughts, printing photos and reminiscing about the moments of our lives that happened in November. From the Halloween doughnuts Clayton was happy to pick up as a treat for receiving straight As on his report cards; to capturing my handsome husband giving me a quick smile while in the midst of working on a home project. It is these simple moments that I love. And if it wasn't for my camera, these simple bits of life would be just another part of our day instead of a cherished window into the ordinary. So today, I am taking a moment to remember the past in the present and create something beautiful out of the familiar. 


Happy Crafting,


Keia 


Products:

Ali Edwards: November Stories of the Month

Canon: Selphy


Join the conversation!