Friday, April 26, 2019

Taylored Expressions: One Background Stamp Used Three Different Ways

Happy Friday Crafty Friends!

I love today! Today the sun is shining and I am heading to the craft room after catching up with some of my favorite people, YOU! Today, I am sharing projects featuring one background stamp used three different ways.

I enjoy using background stamps, and it is easy to only use them in the one capacity--to stamp a background! However, background stamps can be used in many different ways. I created a trio of cards, using a similar color palette, to create a background border, background-on-background, and a background as a focal point. Today's projects feature the Heart in Bloom background stamp. Let's CREATE!






To create this card, I started by stamp the entire background image onto a piece of Sugar Cube cardstock using Oreo ink. Next, I Copic colored a portion of the image using a soft spring color palette. I cut the image in half and mounted it onto a piece of Peaches n' Cream cardstock. A small bouquet using the Floral Frenzy set and a Hello sentiment completes this card.



The second card, uses the background-on-background technique. I am a huge fan of custom stationery. This card makes it easy to take a stack of stamped backgrounds and color the images while waiting for my boys at swim and baseball practice. I can pop one in the mail for you. =)


To create this card, I stamped the Hearts in Bloom image twice on Sugar Cube cardstock. The first panel I Copic color in a spring color palette. The second card panel I stamped using Lavender Glaze ink (a favorite of mine). Once I completed my colored panel, I die cut the letter "K" using the Initially K die set. Using foam adhesive, I adhered this to the Lavender Glaze inked panel. The colored background image, set against the neutral background image, really makes the K pop. A sentiment and a tiered butterfly completes this card.



The third card project uses the Hearts in Bloom stamp as a framed focal point.


The Hearts in Bloom stamp is perfect for creating a framed floral border. First, I stamped the image onto TE watercolor cardstock using Oreo ink. Then colored the image using TE Liquid Watercolors (Peapod, Plum Punch, Peaches n' Cream and Raspberry Sorbet). Using the Petite Scalloped Square Stacklets, I die cut the middle of the image, which left a perfect floral border. To add a little visual interest, I embossed Sea Salt cardstock using the Herringbone embossing folder. A bouquet of flowers and a "thanks" sentiment completes this card.



I hope I have inspired you to rethink your background stamps and see them in a new light. Until we meet again...Happy Crafting!


Keia


Join the conversation!