Thursday, October 2, 2014

JAS Challenge...Smile

Happy Thursday Fellow Crafters and Scrappers,

Welcome to another awesome challenge at the Just A Scrappin' blog. This week we challenge you to create a card or project featuring inlaid die cuts.




I know for myself,  I am use to die cutting an image and then placing it on my project. However, I never thought to take the die cut and place it back into its original negative space. Card designer, Jennifer McGuire, inspired me to give this technique a try. And you know what? I love the way it turned out. A simple die cut image, makes a dramatic impact when paired with coordinating papers and embellishments. I hope this challenge inspires you to try out a new die cutting technique.

Thank you for stopping by. For more inspiration featuring this technique, stop by the Just A Scrappin' blog and see the fabulous creations of the other designers. You will be glad you did!

Smiles,

K

Card Size: A2
Card Supplies:

Paper: MME (Metallic Necessities), Recollection
Die: Lil' Inker (Smile), Taylored Expressions (Instant Frames)
Stamp: Taylored Expressions (Think Happy Thoughts)
Accessories: Wink of Stella, Studio Calico (wooden veneer)





Join the conversation!

  1. Love, love love this card-simple, yet elegant! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just so stinkin' cute! You're truly an amazing card maker. <3Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job. Love the cute card and the colors.

    ReplyDelete