Friday, July 22, 2022

Scrapbook.com| Christmas In July

 Happy Friday, Crafty Friends!


I am popping in to share a card for Scrapbook.com's Christmas in July Celebration! Today's card features the new Snowflakes dies paired with the Block Outline Christmas Dies, a soon-to-be favorite in my Christmas cardmaking stash. 



To create this card, I started by cutting a piece of the top panel to fashion a window for my layered snowflakes. I then set the panel aside to start diecutting my snowflakes from shades of red cardstock. Since the diecut snowflakes are intricate, I recommend diecutting the snowflakes several times and layering them to add heft and dimension. I diecut a few of the snowflakes from glitter cardstock to add a bit of festive flare. However, since the glitter cardstock is on a plastic-like backer, be sure to use a metal shim to achieve a clean cut when diecutting. I diecut the "Merry" from various shades of red and layered the letters several times to add dimension. I finished the card with a simple "Christmas" sentiment heat embossed onto black cardstock using the Christmas Expressions stamp set. 





Okay, I think I am on a roll now! Looking forward to sharing next week's Christmas in July card. Until then...create something beautiful every day!


Happy Crafting,


Keia 


Supplies:

Join the conversation!