Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Ellen Hutson| Pantone 2022 Color Very Peri

 Hello, crafty friends!


I am excited to join you on the Ellen Hutson Blog (HERE) as the featured guest. Today, I am sharing a card featuring the Panton 2022 Color Very Peri with Ellen Hutson's Painted Floral. 






Very Peri is a color that blends the boldness of the blue family with the subdued saturation of the purples to create a fresh perspective on a beloved color family. When I looked at my collection of inks from Pinkfresh Studio to Concord and 9th, and everything in between, I wasn't quite sure how to achieve the depth of color in Very Peri. The color leans toward a saturated expression of periwinkle...a color not in my ink stash. However, with a little experimentation, I was able to combine Tim Holtz's Distress Oxides Shaded Lilac and Blueprint Sketch to achieve a close match to Very Peri.


Very Peri pairs nicely with colors in the orange range for a bit of pop. I stamped the Painted Florals set using Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch, and Catherine Pooler's Ginger, Apricot, and Terracotta. The leaves were stamped using Concord and 9th's Parsely and Pinkfresh Studio's Evergreen.





Once I had my color palette chosen and the florals stamped, it was time to create my greeting with the Casual Greetings Hot Foil Stamp. I am not a foiling pro, but I have learned a few things to make foiling a bit easier. For me, hot foil stamping improved when I used the right tools for the job. The Spellbinders Quick Trimmer Tool is perfect for cutting foil to the correct size without leaving marks on the delicate material. Also, I use masking tape for Post It tape to adhere my foil to the bed of my foiling machine to keep my foil in place. 




With the floral bouquet and sentiment prepared, it was time to add the last few finishing touches to the card. To add visual interest to the background, I die cut Altenew's Diamond Frame Cover three times and adhered the diecut pieces together using liquid adhesive. The Hands die, from Ellen Hutson, is perfect for holding my bouquet. I die cut the hand onto Copic-friendly cardstock and colored it using E11, E13 and R27. I didn't want the hand to appear as if it was floating, so I die cut the hand in the center of my cardstock and used scissors to cut the image to the desired length. Using masking tape and a mix of Shaded Lilac and Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxides, I created a Very Peri inked background on an A2 card panel. Just a bit of color added another layer of visual interest to an otherwise white background. A few dabs of the Nuvo Black Ebony Crystal Drops for the flower centers completes this card. 




Thank you for spending time with me. I hope this card inspires you to use the new Pantone 2022 Color Very Peri in your papercraft designs.




The following products for this card can be found in the Ellen Hutson shop (HERE). 


Create beauty every day...


Keia 


Card Supplies


Join the conversation!