Monday, November 15, 2021

Pinkfresh Studio| Keep Going...

 Hello, sweet friends!


Happy Monday! My weekly calendar is already full, but I love squeezing in a moment of creative time. Today's card was a bit of a struggle. And I think it is okay to admit to ourselves when we are being creatively challenged and pushed outside our comfort zones. In the end, I created a lovely card that reflects my creative aesthetic but not without a few hiccups along the way. 



Originally, my card design used the Sweet Leaves Frame stencil. From the beginning, I was not happy with my design, but I continued to forge ahead thinking the finished product would be worth the effort. It was not. I had invested two hours into the card and threw it all in the trash. I took a day to clear my mind and then approached the card from a different design perspective. Instead, I decided to create a mosaic pattern using just the inside of the stencil. I used Tidal Pool and Ocean Breeze dye inks to create a tonal effect. The Small Butterflies collection (stamps, stencil, hot foil stamp, and dies), were the perfect additions to my card. A few gold inky splatters, gold metallic pearls, and a fitting sentiment from the new Daisy Slimline stamp completes this card. 



Remember, there are times creating can be a struggle. However, thankfully we have this community to cheer us on, draw inspiration from, and learn to grow as a creative. Until we meet again...I hope you have a chance to step into your space and make something beautiful.


Keep on creating...


Keia 


Join the conversation!