Thursday, November 13, 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge No. 34

Happy Thursday fellow Scrappers and Crafters,

I recently came across a lovely, creatively inspirational blog called Fill Your Paper With the Breathings of Your {Heart}. Every Monday, Taheerah, post a weekly inspirational picture to get the creative juices flowing...so truly needed on Mondays. This is my first time playing in a challenge where a picture inspires me to create and I was honestly looking forward to playing along. This week's picture inspiration, Child's Play, is filled with geometric shapes and lovely pastel colors...a true eye catcher.


My card incorporates both the colors and the geometric landscape of the room. And with Christmas only a few week's away, I pushed the creative envelope and created a pastel winter scene instead of using traditional Christmas colors.




The little houses were cut using Taylored Expressions, Neighborhood Border die. I loved finding a new way to use my border die... as it opens up more creative options to me. The rolling hills is another Taylored Expressions die, Build A Scene (Rolling Hills), and then the die cuts were embossed with Provo Crafts' embossing folder, Swirls. The winter trees were die cut using Taylored Expressions, Build A House die set (a true must have die collection). A little Wink of Stella applied to the swirls and orange sherbet twine complete my card.


Thank you for stopping by.

Smiles,


K


Card Size: A2
Card Supplies:

Paper: MME (Follow Your Heart), DCWV, Carta Bella (Hello Again, Sew Lovely), Random Scraps (from my stash)
Dies: Taylored Expressions (Build A House, Build A Scene (Rolling Hills), Neighborhood Border)
Accessories: The Twinery (twine), Wink of Stella, Provo Craft (Swirls)

Join the conversation!

  1. Such a clever and well-composed card Keia - I love the little houses created with that border die, and the colours are spot-on for the inspiration image too! Thank you so much for the kind words about my challenge, it makes me *so* happy to know that you were inspired and enjoyed creating for it! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues - I hope you'll be back! :)

    ReplyDelete