Thursday, November 13, 2014

JAS Challenge...Celebrating Veterans' Day

Happy Thursday Fellow Scrappers and Crafters,

Happy Veterans' Day! I want to write a heartfelt Thank You to the men and women who defend Democracy. Equally, I want to write Thank You to the silent warriors on the home front (spouses, children, friends and family) who keep life moving back at home. We Salute you ALL. Thank You for your service.




This week Just A Scrappin' Challenge...CelebratingVeterans' Day, is to create a card, project or layout that honors our veterans. This card is based off Jen Shults' Deconstructed Sketch No. 176. I used K&Company's Americana paper line to create the various layers and my embellishment. The eagle is a die cut from Cricut's Stand and Salute cartridge cut at 3". The two bottom stitched layers were created using Lil' Inkers' Stitched Mats dies, along with a new tag and stitched tag frame from Taylored Expressions' Build A Tag (I) die set. I finished my card with a little twine, "Celebration" sticker, and stars.


Thank you for stopping by. Don't forget to stop by the Just A Scrappin blog for more Veterans' Day inspiration. You will be glad you did!

Smiles,


K


Card Size: A2
Card Supplies: 

Paper: K&Company (Americana), Bazzill
Dies: Taylored Expressions (Build A Tag (I)); Lil Inkers (Stitched Mats), Cricut (Stand and Salute)
Accessories: Studio Calico (stars); The Twinery (twine); Provo Craft (star embossing folder); Authentique (Glory collection), Tim Holtz (Tea Dye ink)

Join the conversation!

  1. This is gorgeous. I love the addition of the banners at the bottom and the wonderful patriotic theme! Thanks for joining us for DS176.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say enough about this amazingly beautiful card. You've out done yourself again. <3Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so awesome! Love the great colors and shapes you chose!

    ReplyDelete