Thursday, June 6, 2019

Taylored Expressions June Release!

Hello Crafty Friends,

You made it! Today is release day! There are so many wonderful stamps and dies to try this release and a little something for every crafty individual's taste. Today's projects feature the Home of the Brave stamp set and Sweet Scallop stencil.



The Home of the Brave stamp set really spoke to me creatively. I am married to a career active duty service member and this card, in particular the sentiments, remind me of the silent sacrifices. I love the sentiment Armed With Love. The sentiment resonates on so many levels. I created this card with my husband in mind. As a family, he leaves knowing that he is never far from our collective hearts and mind. And the home we built together, will be right here waiting for his safe return. To create this card, I started by inking the stamp using Blueberry and Cherry Pop dye ink. I used Post-It tape to mask off the stamp as I applied color and stamped with my MISTI. I then stamped the sentiment and masked the image to add the fireworks from the Light Up the Night stencil. Once inked. I die cut a heart into the panel and created my "home" scene using dies from the Little Bits collection. A few Cherry Pop and Sugar Cube enamel stars completes this card.




My last card for the release features the Sweet Scallop stencil paired with Big Blooms Hollyhocks.


Okay honestly, I use to be creatively terrified of using stencils. Now all I can write is that I am in LOVE. Stencils are so much fun. And stencils really add that subtle creative element that is often needed when working with a larger focal point. To create this card, I inked a Sugar Cube card panel using Spearmint, Raspberry, Confetti Cake and Pink Champagne dye inks. I then inked, stamped and Copic marker colored the Big Blooms Hollyhocks. A simple sentiment using the Simple Stripes Background stamp completes this card.




Thank you for stopping by! I hope the Taylored Expressions Creative Team has inspired you to head into your craftroom and make something beautiful! Don't forget to visit the Taylored Expressions Blog (HERE) to see if you have won a crafty surprise from the June release.

Happy Crafting,

Keia

Join the conversation!

  1. Beautiful cards! Love the design of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both amazin' cards but omigosh, that red/white/blue one blows me away how you developed such a t'riffic layered collage from the collections! thanx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete