Friday, January 12, 2018

You Are Noteworthy

Hello Crafty Friends,

Happy New Year! I hope your new year is going well and you are enjoying your crafty Christmas presents. I enjoyed spending some much needed downtime in my craft room organizing and loving on my new crafty gifts, too.

Each new year, brings with it an opportunity to contemplate our choices, reevaluate our priorities and set new goals.  Taylored Expressions is making some new changes for the new year, too. If you did not know, Taylored Expressions is now doing their new releases on an every-other-month basis. What does this mean for you? It means the Creative Team will have new designer features to share with you, and hopefully encourage you to get into your craft rooms to create something beautiful with old favorites and new finds. For more information on what to expect, check out Taylor's video on YouTube (HERE).

Today, I am showcasing a card from our new series entitled 'Designer Choice.' I love the idea behind Designer Choice, because it allows me to go back and revisit a stamp and/or die I previously did not have an opportunity to fully explore. Seriously, even I have a TE 'new pile' stash that I am longing to create with.


The Noteworthy stamp set might be one that is easily overlooked. The stamps work well to create quick stationery note card gift sets, but is equally functional for stand alone cards. I love the medium-sized script font and pleasant sentiments featured in this set. To create this card, I paired the sentiment with the Fresh Florals stamp and coordinating die set, along with the Striped Background stamp for an elegant Thank You card. The striped background panel was die cut using the Stitched Square Stacklets and then die cut again (Stitched Circle Stacklets) to create a focal point for the sentiment. A bouquet of fresh flowers, Baker's Twine and inky splatters complete this card.


My second card also features a sentiment from the Noteworthy stamp set. I was on a roll, why stop?


I love this sentiment, because it reminds me that each one of us is a masterpiece. This card paired the Noteworthy set with the Frame in Frame Cutting Plate and A Life She Loved stamp and coordination die set. An A2 top-folding Sugar Cube card base was inked using Salt Water Taffy dye ink and embellished with a few inky splatters. The canvas for the sentiment uses Distress Oxide inks and the watercolor smooshing technique to add a bit of whimsy. The image featuring the jar of paintbrushes was stamped onto Copic-friendly paper, colored with Copic markers, and Ranger's Glossy Accents was added to create a glass effect.


I hope you have enjoyed this trip down memory lane featuring the Noteworthy stamp set. If you own the set, dust if off and show it a little inky love. If the set is new to you, I hope I have inspired you to take a closer look at a hidden gem. You can visit the Taylored Expressions' Gallery for more inspiration using this stamp set (HERE).

Thank you for stopping by! Happy stamping, my crafty friends!



Keia


Card Sizes 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and A2
Card Supplies:

Join the conversation!