Thursday, April 14, 2016

I've Got You Covered...

Happy Thursday Fellow Crafters and Scrappers,

Are you looking forward to stepping into your craft room this weekend? Mother's Day is around the corner, so I need to get a move on things...creatively speaking.

Today, I am sharing with you a card that will make the seamstress, knitter or crocheter in your life smile in delight. I am using the new Taylored Expressions Quilted Cutting Plate. My mother-in-law in is a knitter, so this card will surely be in her mailbox one day very soon =)


I have never tried Taylored Expressions' felt, so I thought this cutting plate would provide a wonderful opportunity to give it a try. I first chose a color palette and then selected my felt accordingly. Before I sent the felt through my Bick Kick, I made a similar card using colored paper. Once I had the colors in the order I wanted, I then die cut the felt material four different times (Taylored Expressions felt cuts very nicely when using a metal shim) and then proceeded to piece my quilt together. For the focal point, I die cut the Little Bits-Sewing Machine out of silver paper and adhered it to my stitched circle panel. A bit of ribbon and sewing pins complete the card.


Thank you for stopping by. For more crafty inspiration, visit Taylored Expressions' blog.

Happy Crafting,


Keia



Card Size: A2
Card Supplies:



Join the conversation!

  1. Nice!! I've never seen a card with that much wool on it before. I see texture :) really unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Keia! I love the felt pieced quilt background you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Keia! I love the felt pieced quilt background you've created!

    ReplyDelete