Monday, May 25, 2015

Taylored Expressions...Chief of the Charcoal

Happy Memorial Day Taylored Expressions Fans!

I hope you are enjoying a fabulous Monday with your family. I would like to write Thank You for those who have served and continue to serve and defend Democracy both here and abroad. Thank you for your sacrifice and all that you do. I hope this special day is spent with your families enjoying your many blessings, maybe even around the BBQ grill.

Today, I am sharing with you a card that pays homage to the Chief of the Charcoal, Grill Master and Boss of the Barbecue.



I kept the card simply so the focus would remain on the brick facade and BBQ grill. I created the textured brick facade using Taylored Expressions' Brick embossing folder, embossing paste and Distress Ink pads. I inked my craft mat with Fired Brick, Vintage Photo and Tea Dye distress ink. Next, I came in a dropped a small amount of embossing paste in the dye and mixed it. I continued moving the paste from one inked spot to the next to achieve my desired color. After that, I spread the mixture on my mixed media cardstock and used the embossed side of the embossing folder to create my brick background. I set the cardstock aside to dry and worked on die cutting my Grass Border and Little Bits Grill. Once I had all my card elements it was time to assembly my card and stamp my sentiment. I really love how the background turned out.

Thank you for stopping by today. Enjoy your family time and I will see your here again for more crafty inspiration. For more details regarding the products used for this card, visit Taylored Expressions. You will be glad you did =)


Smiles,

Keia


Card Size: A2

Card Supplies:



Join the conversation!