Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Raiding the Stash!

Ok, so I am starting off the new year with another challenge for myself--clean out my stash. For me, there is something about walking into a craft store and thinking, "Oh, that embellishment is too cute! I know I can use that embellishment for something." And there is where the downward spiral begins...well for me anyway.

This card uses an acrylic flower I have had since February 2012...too long. I fellow scrapper I meet last year at a scrapbook convention, gave me several acrylic flowers after I commented on the fact I had never worked with acrylic. While I was happy to try out this new embellishment, the bright yellow color seemed a little overwhelming to me and so the poor flowers have languished in my craft room ever since. Not good. By far this is not the oldest embellishment in my stash; however, it is one that stops me in my creative tracks. What better way to challenge myself then to step up to the plate and see where the creative winds would take me?

I thought to keep the card simple because of the overpowering color and pair it with a simple sentiment. I embossed the white flower on top to add a little dimension. I am happy with the results. And this experience has given me confidence to look at each embellishment as a piece that can stand on its own.

Enjoy,

K



Recipe A2

Paper: Basic Grey, Recollections, Authentique
Sentiment: Close to My Heart
Acrylic Flower: my stash (a friend)
Pearls: 112 Studio
Brads: KI

Join the conversation!