Monday, January 7, 2013

A New Year...Another Opportunity to Create

The end of one year and the ushering in of another allows one to reflect and take stock of where he/she is and where one would like to be. For me, 2012 brought with it challenges, but also joyous moments. As a crafter, I had opportunities to stretch my creative wings and learn new skills, build relationships with fellow scrappers and start a card business. I am blessed.

The new year is poised for me to continue building on the foundation laid in the previous year with a few extras. I have learned I love my embellishment stash to the point of hanging on to various embellishments for several months, if not years. No more. This year, I challenge myself to let it go. I am planning on creating a card, per week, using an embellishment from my stash. I will continue my monthly scraps challenge for I have had great success with keeping my paper stash in check.  Like my blog's moniker implies I am a paperholic at heart.  I would like to see one of more card creations published. Card magazine is at the top of my list. And lastly, use my new camera to take better pictures of my card creations. I will write that is at the top of my list.

All the best,

K


Recipe: A2

Paper: Recollections
Stamps/ink: Stampin' Up
Twine: The Twinery
Embossing Folder

Join the conversation!

  1. Beautiful card, love it!

    I also stopped by to tell you about my card holder! It is called a Frog Pin, you can purchase it at Michael's, at least that is where I got mine. You will have to go to the floral section, it's actually used for flowers, thanks so much for stopping by and have a good New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so creative; beautiful!

    ReplyDelete