Monday, September 14, 2015

May You Live To Be So Old Your Driving Scares People

Happy Monday Taylored Expressions Fans,

I hope you had an awesome weekend and are looking forward to starting your week with a little creative inspiration. This month's release was all about birthdays, which is fantastic because we can all use more birthday crafting goodies in our stash. Well, I know I can, especially birthday stamps and dies to help me create masculine birthday cards.

I love the funny sentiments from the Another Year Older stamp set. I took one of the sentiments and paired it with the Vroom Vroom die/stamp combination, and knew it was a perfect match.



To create the background for this card, I sectioned off a potion of the cardstock panel with masking tape and added Hickory Smoke Distress Ink. I then applied silver Perfect Pearls to give it the metallic look. I placed the 3 4/3 x 5 1/2 panel into the Taylored Expressions' Take A Number embossing folder and ran this through my die cutting machine. The effect really makes the embossed numbers pop. I used my favorite go-to dies for shapes, Spin It To Win It and Pocket & Pages 3x4 Showcase,  to cut various sized circles for added visual interest. My sentiment was begging for a car, so I used the vintage car from the Vroom, Vroom die/stamp set to complete the look. Perfect!

Thank you for stopping by. For more inspiration and product information, visit the Taylored Expressions Store. You will be glad you did!

Smiles,


Keia


Card Size: A2
Card Supplies:



Join the conversation!