Sunday, November 13, 2022

Spellbinders| 3D Vignette Twin Lens Camera

Happy Sunday, Fellow Crafty Friends!


Oh, how I miss you all! A bit of time has passed since my last post. I hope this post finds you well and enjoying the upcoming holiday season. Today, I am sharing with you a 3D card I made using Spellbinders' new 3D Vignette Twin Lens Camera die set

 



If you cannot already tell, I adore vintage cameras. I now have three in my collection, so this die set is perfect for me. There are roughly 28 dies in this set, but do not let the number overwhelm you. Once you get the hang of how the die pieces work together, the 3D card comes together fairly easily. The hardest part will be choosing your camera's color palette. For this card, I decided to stay with a fairly vintage color scheme because I planned on using the Bold Blooms collection to add a bit of color to the body of the camera with the addition of a floral centerpiece. I cut the pieces of the camera from black, grey, silver, and white cardstock. The bouquet uses a range of red cardstock to create a monochromatic aesthetic. A bit of black ribbon to replicate a camera strap completes this project. 



 

This card is for a dear friend for her birthday. We ladies had a fabulous time together at a local vintage market, and I wanted to honor our time spent together. The 3D camera die set has a die that cuts photos to fit into the body of the camera. I printed several photographs from that day and inserted them into the appropriate slots. I love how this project turned out, and my friend will surely love it, too!


Thank you for spending a bit of your time with me! Have an amazing upcoming week! Until next time...


Happy Crafting,


Keia


Card Supplies:

Join the conversation!