Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Guest Designer For Whimsy Stamps| You Got This!

Good morning, Crafty Friends!!!


Happy Thursday! Today, I am sharing a card made with AWESOME stamps from Whimsy Stamps. If you have not had a chance to check out these cute stamps, please do! I had so much fun coloring this cute dragon illustrated by Dustin Pike. Usually, my card designs involve beautiful floral arrangements; however, it was a nice creative change of pace to try my hand at designing with mythical creatures. 



Okay, I was a little nervous coloring this cute little guy, but I decided to just drive right in. I have not been in my craft room for several weeks due to health reasons and the thought of jumping back into coloring felt overwhelming. However, I am so glad I did! It was so fun to mix and match colors. Seriously, a dragon can be any color I imagine, correct? I used Copic colors V12, V15, V17 for the body and slowly layered my colors starting with the lightest color, adding shading with the darkest, and then using the mid-tone color to blend the colors together. I proceeded to do the same with the duck water floatee, using Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17 with a bit of YR16, YR18 for the orange highlights. The belly and horns were colored using E30, E31, E33, E35, and a smidge of E37. The cloud background was created using the Mini Cloud Background rubber stamp, which is a lovely addition to my stamp collection. I will definitely be using these stamps again. The simple sentiment of "You Got This!" resonated with me at this time in my life. 



Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a chance to head into your craft room and create something magical! And visit me next week for more crafty fun with Whimsy Stamps!


Happy Crafting!


Keia 


Card Supplies:

Whimsy Stamps| Dragon Water Fun, Mini Cloud Background






Join the conversation!

  1. What a sweet card! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Andrea! Loved playing with these stamps. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Such a fun card! Love the colours you chose for the dragon. Glad you were able to get back to your craftroom. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan! I am happy to be back in my craftroom. I hope you have an AMAZING week!

      Delete