Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Life Is Better Around The Campfire

Happy Wednesday Fellow Crafters and Scrappers,

Can you believe we are halfway through the week?? Today, I am popping in to share a card that features an activity that is near and dear to my heart...CAMPING. As you read this, my sweet husband and I are sitting around our own campfire this week. WAHOO!



I do adore this sweet little scene and sentiment. To create the background, I die cut hills using the Build A Scene Rolling Hills die, and inked Sugar Cube cardstock using Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Chipped Sapphire, Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean...a few of my favorites for a night sky effect. I then used Memento Moonlight White pigment ink to stamp the moon image from the Light Up The Night stamp set. The foreground is created by using the Starry Night Cutting Plate, Build A Scene Lakeside and Paddle Out sentiment stamp set. I love manipulating cutting plates to achieve new looks, so I left some stars in the die cut star background and removed a few to add white stars, die cut using the same Starry Night Cutting Plate, but from Shimmer White cardstock. I then set about die cutting the rest of my scene and inking the die cut pieces to add a little visual interest. A heat embossed sentiment completed my card.

I hope you and your sweet families have an opportunity to get out into nature this summer. Because the saying is true, "Life is better around the campfire."


Thank you for stopping by. For more crafty inspiration, visit the Taylored Expressions Gallery.

Happy Camping,

Keia




Join the conversation!

  1. Knocking it out of the park AGAIN! Love this card! Looks even that much more dimensional in person! Can't wait for your next post ❤️!

    ReplyDelete
  2. over the top wonderful creating Keia! Gorgeous design work! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete