Thursday, September 3, 2015

Let Your Inner Beauty Shine

Happy Thursday Fellow Crafters and Scrappers,

I hope you have had an awesome week so far. Welcome to this week's Just A Scrappin' Challenge...Celebrate Labor Day...by creating a card, layout, or project using your favorite color palette.



If you are like me, you might have wondered how to go about doing this. I, too, was stumped for a moment and then had an epiphany, "Labor Day is about celebrating the American worker and their contributions that strengthen, prosper, and contribute a sense of well-being to American society." Well, hello, I do that as a Stay-At-Home Mom. I enjoy looking at the Facebook job descriptions of my fellow SAHMs. Their job titles usually include CEO, CFO, COO and so forth of X household. I always smile, because well it's true. We are teachers, nurses, chauffeurs, counselors, financial planners, and the list go on.

With that idea floating around in my head, I grabbed my latest Unity purchase, watercolor paper and pencils and got to work. I loved how my beautifully stamped image turned out. I adore the flowery Afro (I am rocking one myself, minus the flowers). I added a few pearls and a beautiful sentiment and my card was complete. Happy Labor Day, Moms. Thank you for all you do.

Don't forget to visit the Just A Scrappin' and Unity blogs for more creative inspiration. You will be glad you did =)

Smiles,


Keia


Card Size: 4 1/2 x 4 1/2
Card Supplies:

Paper: TE (Oreo), Canson (watercolor paper)
Ink: Versafine (black)
Stamp: Unity Stamp Co. (Let Your Inner Beauty Shine)
Accessories: SU (watercolor pencils), Ranger (Perfect Pearls), SU (Pearls)

Join the conversation!

  1. You find the cutest stamps and always, always, always color the images so beautifully. <3Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring skills are to die for! Such a bright, happy card for the hard working Moms. Unity stamps are so awesome, and what a great job you did with this one!

    ReplyDelete