Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Taylored Expressions Release Revisited: I {Heart} Felt

Hello Crafty Friends!

I hope you are finally enjoying spring-time weather. Here in the mid-west, I think we are finally beginning to experience the beauty of spring. In celebration of the beautiful blooms brought on by April showers, I created a home decor project showcasing Taylored Expressions new glitter and foil felt!


Felt it a wonderful way to add texture, color and depth to a project, and the new glitter and foil felts adds additional sparkle and shine. For best results when using these felts, it is recommended crafters use the Taylored Expressions Mixed Media dies and your standard manual die cutting machine. Or for greater versatility, use the new felts with the standard Taylored Expressions dies and an electronic cutting machine (i.e. Vagabond, Gemini, etc.). The additional pressure from the electronic machines provide a clean die cut of the felt when using the standard die.


To create this project, I die cut a spring palette of felts using the Roll With It Flower 1 and Roll With It Flower 2 Mixed Media dies to create my floral bouquet. The leaves are die cut from Moss and Avocado felt using the Bloomin' Accessories dies. The Bloom wooden pallet, from Joann's Fabrics, is a wonderful way to showcase my glitter and felt blooms. I first arranged all my die cut blooms in the palette before adhering them with glue (using a low-temp hot glue gun). Lastly, I glued in the leaves to complete my project.

Thank you for stopping by to visit. For more information and inspiration featuring the new glitter and foiled felt, visit the Taylored Expressions store (HERE) and Blog (HERE).

Happy Crafting,


Keia

Project Supplies:

Bloom Pallet (Joann's Fabrics)
Low-temperature glue gun


Join the conversation!