Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Spellbinders| Gnomes and Fall Love

 Happy Wednesday, Crafty Friends!


Whew!! It has been a hot minute since I have posted any crafty love. Like almost ONE YEAR! Life sure does have a way of moving quicker than one might realize. I have been out of the crafty habit, but my love of paper and all things crafty is still very much alive. I took some time away to focus on my family as we made some major changes in our lives. The time away was needed, but the need to create was equally there. Although I could not create the way I once had, I did use this absence to purge, organize, and enjoy other creatives' artistic endeavors. I am slowly flexing my creative muscles. I feel rusty and sometimes unsure. I even need to remember how to log into my accounts and remember how to post on social media. Ah, another layer to dust off and relearn. I am trying to be patient with myself and my creative practice. 


Today, I am sharing a card featuring a few Spellbinders dies, Gnome Hugs, Autumn Wonder, and Notched Corners. Fall should be upon us, but here in the mid-west, it is still in the 90s. Why? I need sweater weather, comfort food, and falling leaves. Well if nature will not cooperate for the moment, then the next best thing is to imagine it. 


I love diecutting and this card was definitely a labor of diecutting and inking love. To add depth of shading, I inked each die cut with a coordinating ink. I love the clustering of fall elements around the gnome, it is like the gnome fell into fall. A diecut sentiment from the Wonderful Script Sentiments and a few matte gold pearls completes this card. 


 



Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful rest of the week! And don't forget to make something beautiful!


Crafty Hugs,


Keia 

Join the conversation!

  1. Nice to see you back! Wonderful card! Perfect for autumn. I hear you about the weather....very unseasonably hot the past few weeks 'round here. Today it's more like October - finally! (:

    ReplyDelete