Thursday, April 6, 2017

Taylored Expressions April Release: I Love You Mom

Happy Thursday Fabulous Taylored Expressions Fans,

You made it! Today is RELEASE DAY! All the goodies you have been admiring are yours...if you want =) Yes, I know. You want it ALL! Today, I am sharing with you two cards featuring Block Party Mom and Super Mom (stamp and die combination). With Mother's Day around the corner this is a wonderful opportunity to start creating the perfect Mother's Day card.


To create this card, I cut an A2 sized piece of Sugar Cube cardstock and die cut the word MOM into the panel. I used a piece of Pink Champagne cardstock to die cut the work mom as an overlay. I then embossed the panel usind the Garden Party embossing folder. Once embossed, I masked of the floral border and created an ombre effect using Pink Champagne and Mint Julep dye ink. I did get a little ink on the border, however, instead of starting over I used a white gel pen to cover the mistake. The die cut flowers are from the new Mini Bloomers 2 set and were created using Lavender Glaze, Jelly Donut, Lemon Meringue, Sprinkles, Salt Water Taffy, Strawberry Milkshake, Pink Champagne and Peapod cardstock. The vellum butterflies and stamped sentiment add the finishing touches to this card.



The second card features the oh so cool Panda Super MOM!


As a mom of two handsome and very active little boys, this card speaks to my heart. I mean look, I added Legos as a prop for my photo! The minute I saw this stamp set I knew I wanted to do some type of super hero look with Super Mom. To create this card, I used the Brushed Star Background  stamp and stamped the image onto Sugar Cube cardstock and colored a few of the stars bright yellow. To mute the colors I added a vellum overlay. A Super Mom has to watch over her domain, so the City Skyline die was used to die cut the cityscape using Cherry Pop, Lemon Meringue and Oreo cardstock. The Mini Caps Alpha & #s die set was used to die cut the Super Mom title along with Cherry Pop heart shaped enamel shapes.



Well that is it for me today. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you are feeling creative and the Creative Team has inspired you to make something beautiful this weekend. As with every release, head over to the Taylored Expressions Blog to see if you won an awesome craft goodie from this month's release.

In addition, for a limited time, earn DOUBLE CRAFTY POINTS on our Bloomers 4, 5, 6, 7 and Mini Bloomers 2 Dies! If you're not a Crafty Points member, it's free and easy to join. Just create an account at the TE webstore and you're automatically enrolled to begin earning crafty points with every purchase. You'll earn 20 Crafty Points on the purchase of one or more of our Bloomers 4, 5, 6 and 7 die sets and 22 Crafty Points on the purchase of Mini Bloomers 2! Offer valid on qualifying purchases made between 9am CST on Thursday, April 6, 2017 and 11:59 pm CST on Sunday, April 9, 2017 and only while supplies last. Crafty Points are only available on purchases made via our retail site: www.tayloredexpressions.com.













Happy Crafting,



 Keia

Join the conversation!

  1. Fantastic cards Keia. Love the soft background on the MOM card... pretty flowers and butterflies. The Panda mom card is super cute! Love the layered buildings. COOL!

    ReplyDelete