Saturday, October 29, 2016

Noel...

Happy Saturday Fellow Crafters and Scrappers,

I am sharing a fun card using the Taylored Expressions Peaceful Poinsettia embossing folder. One of my favorite creative things to do is to find new ways to use the supplies I have. I loved the look of the new embossing folder, but wanted to do more than just design a card with another embossed background. I decided to color the de-embossed areas for a new look and was happy with the outcome.


I found the best medium to create this effect was colored pencils. Originally, I tried using Copic markers, but I didn't have as much control and the brush tip was too broad for the narrow spaces. A sharpened set of colored pencils worked best for me. After I colored the background, I die cut the sentiment "Noel" from Bazzill's gold cardstock and then matted this on vellum to allow for the colored background to be seen. A gold cord attached to the top and bottom of the vellum panel complete this simple, but elegant card.


Thank you for stopping by this weekend. For more creative inspiration, visit the Taylored Expressions Gallery.

Happy Crafting,

Keia

Card Size: A2
Card Supplies:



Join the conversation!