Thursday, September 11, 2014

JAS Challenge...Color Me Happy

Hello Crafty Friends,

Welcome to another wonderful challenge at Just A Scrappin'. This week, we are mad for markers! That's right, go ahead and break out your Copic, Spectrum Noir, and/or Distress Markers. It does not matter what markers you are using, just as long as your are coloring. What we do hope you do, is get into your craft room and create something beautiful and practice a coloring technique or two.

I am new to the coloring scene. However, I am slowly amassing a collection of Copic markers. I will write, the learning curve can feel pretty steep at times, but there are many wonderful tutorials and books available for one's edification. I created this card using a stamp from my ever-growing Unity Stamp collection. This little lovely has been patiently waiting for its debut, and well today is the day.






I wanted the center lamp to stand out, so I did some stamping using the masking technique, as well as paper piecing. I am diligently trying to master shading so I can add depth to an image. I had a great time playing around with shading and Copic markers. I created the lighting effect by masking off a portion of the lamp in a triangular fashion. I then applied Squeezed Lemonade to create light as if it is coming from a lightbulb. I finished my card with a little twine and a button for added interest.

Thank you for stopping by. However, don't forget to check out the other members of the Just A Srappin' design team for more coloring inspiration. You will be glad you did!


Smiles,


K

Card Size: A2
Card Supplies:

Paper: MME (Ashbury Heights), Recollections
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co. (Shine On!), TE (From Me to You)
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black), DI (Squeezed Lemonade)
Accessories: Copic Markers, Canson (Fanboy marker paper), American Crafts (twine), Basic Grey (button)

Join the conversation!

  1. Gotta love Unity Stamps! Your coloring is amazing, I love how you did the light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the unity stamps I have a few myself and they always are my go to
    TFS loved the card

    ReplyDelete