Friday, September 5, 2014

JAS Color Challenge...Happy Days

Happy Friday Fellow Crafters and Scrappers,

Woohoo! I am so excited to be back within the crafting community. I took the month of August off to move. I cannot begin to describe how sad it was to pack my beloved tools, embellishments and PAPER! I had to live without my crafting goodies for a month. Oh, the horror of it all! However, unpacking the boxes labeled craft room, after a hiatus, was like welcoming home old friends.

To celebrate being back, I took full advantage of this week's  Just A Scrappin' Challenge to get into my craft room and get creative. The challenge, is to create a card, project, or layout using fall colors. I was so happy to have my crafting items within reach that I decided to do a bit of everything: Copic marker coloring, embossing, using distress inks, die cutting and layering. Needless to write, I was able to play for an hour or so. It was marvelous!




To create this card I used Taylored Expressions' Sunshiny Day stamp set. This is such a sweet stamp set. The tree stamps, along with other wonderful woodland images, were the perfect choice for a fall color challenge. I matted my scene on a stitched mat created with Lil' Inkers dies. A little Copic marker coloring, twine and a cute sentiment (so fitting) and my card was complete.

It's great to be back! Thank you for stopping by!

Smiles,


K


Card Size: A2
Card Supplies:

Paper: Recollections, Simple Stories (Daily Grind), beloved scrap pieces
Stamps/Dies: Taylored Expressions (Sunshiny Day), TE (Grass Border), Lil' Inker (Stitched Frames)
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Distress Inks (Tea Dye, Tumled Glass, Broken China)
Accessories: SU (Linen Thread), Copic Markers, Tim Holtz (Tree embossing folder)

Join the conversation!

  1. First of Welcome back my crafting friend :-) I've missed seeing your weekly blog with lots of inspiring creations. I love the cute bird in his happy little tree. Great job sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another amazing card! Welcome back! <3Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-such a beautiful card! Love all the extra details like the embossing, and you have mad coloring skills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card Keia. Love the pretty trees and the bird. Awesome coloring. So glad you are settle down and got your craft items un-packed! Can't wait to see your fantastic creations.

    ReplyDelete