Thursday, June 7, 2018

Taylored Expressions June Release Is Here!

Happy Release Day Taylored Expressions Fans,

You made it! Wahoo! Ring the bells! All the fabulous inspiration from the past few days, is now yours for the asking. I, too, have enjoyed eyeing all the wonderful projects from this week. I am over the moon for the Land of the Free stamp and coordinating die. I am looking forward to playing with this set in the upcoming weeks.

However today, I am sharing my last two card projects for this release, Tiki Time and Sending Sunshine.



What can I write about the Tiki Time (stamp/die combo) set? It is just a pure fun stamp set. Tiki Time makes me think of warm, summer nights in Hawaii. Plain and simple. To create this card, I paired Tiki Time with both past and present tropical favorites, Build A Scene-Tropical, Tropical Florals, Woodgrain Background stamp and more. I started by die cutting a circular focal point into a Sugar Cube card panel. With a separate piece of Sugar Cube cardstock, I inked an ombre background using Guava and Pineapple dye inks. I then inked, stamped and colored the various images from the Tiki Time and Tropical Florals stamp sets. I originally assembled this card, and realized something was missing, too much white space. So I pulled out a new to me stamp set, Stroke of Genius, and added the Candy Corn paintbrush background. Perfect, just that little splash of color I was looking for. I then reassembled my card, added the Aloha sentiment and adhered the completed panel to the woodgrain stamped A2 card base.


Card Size: A2
Card Supplies:


My second card is the Sending Sunshine stamp and coordinating Script Sending die.


I feel like this card came together very quickly once I had a color palette in mind. The new Pineapple and Blue Raspberry inks and coordinating papers are perfect for summer. Yeah! To create this card, I die cut the Script Sending die from Guava, Pineapple, Lime Zest and Blue Raspberry cardstock. I then matted my rainbow script words onto Blue Raspberry cardstock, which was embossed using the Snowfall embossing folder. The cascading dots mimic the colorful dots from TE's new Hello Sunshine pattern paper pack. And if you have ever received a package of happiness from Taylored Expressions, you will usually find a little gift (a small stamp or die). I put my "Thanks" gift die to use by die cutting the word "Thanks" from a rainbow of cardstock, which I then tucked into a vellum envelope. A simple sentiment completes this card.

Thank you for spending time with me this week. I hope you have been inspired by the Taylored Expressions Creative Team to make something beautiful.

And just in case you missed it...



For a limited time, earn DOUBLE CRAFTY POINTS when you purchase our NEW TE Liquid Watercolor Collection! Included in this exclusive bundle are all 12 bright liquid watercolor hues, our innovative, unique shimmer liquid PLUS a bonus set of 4 mixing palettes to explore your creativity! If you're not a Crafty Points member, it's free and easy to join. Just create an account at the TE webstore and you're automatically enrolled to begin earning crafty points with every purchase. You'll earn 134 Crafty Points on the purchase of our TE Liquid Watercolor Collection! Offer valid on qualifying purchases made between 9am CDT on Thursday, June 7, 2018 and 11:59 pm CDT on Sunday, June 10, 2018 and only while supplies last. Crafty Points are only available on purchases made via our retail site: www.tayloredexpressions.com.


Happy crafting, sweet friends.


Keia 

Card Size: A2
Card Supplies:

Join the conversation!

  1. He is fabulous peeking out of his tropical paradise!! And I love the cheerful "sending thanks" with the envelope of "thanks"!

    ReplyDelete