Thursday, April 9, 2015

Taylored Expressions April Release...Congratulations on Your "Mini Me!"

Happy Thursday Taylored Expressions Fans!

We made it to Thursday and it is release time! Wahoo! I hope you enjoyed the creative inspiration the Baker's Dozen shared this week. I am always amazed at the level of creativity from those fabulous ladies.

Today, I am showcasing the Mama & Me stamp set along with Block Party-Baby die. I can only write that this stamp is just too cute! There are several wonderful mommy and baby images along with sweet sentiments. The Block Party-Baby is a wonderful addition to the Block Party Collection.


Okay, when I first saw the Mama and me stamp set I was immediately drawn to the mama fish and her baby. Maybe it's because my own sweet babies are so enamored with our family fish tank. With that thought in mind, I set out to create a little fish bowl and scene for mama and baby. Unfortunately, I don't have a fish tank die per se, but hey that's okay. The best part of creating is thinking outside of the box and using what you do have in new and interesting ways. So, I pulled out my Taylored Expressions Snow Globe and coordinating die turned it upside down and voila a fish bowl (now I can use the stamp/die for more than Christmas cards...AWESOME!). 


Once I had my fish bowl, my little scene quickly came together. I stacked several sprigs together from the Flower Box Sprigs & Flower die to create seaweed. The sandy mounds were created with the Build A Scene-Rolling Hills dies. And my water background was created by blending Tim Holz' Distress Inks in Chipped Sapphire, Squeezed Lemonade, Broken China and Salty Ocean. I stamped, colored and fussy cut mama and her baby and popped them up on dimensional adhesive. Lastly, since I fussy cut mama and her baby, I lost the air bubbles that are part of the stamped image so I used Glossy Accents to recreate dimensional air bubbles. Done =)


Thank you for stopping by, my crafty friends! For more information and inspiration featuring April's Release, visit the Taylored Expressions' Blog for that information and a complete listing of participating designers. You will be glad you did! 


Smiles,



Keia 


Card Size: A2
Card Supplies:





Join the conversation!

  1. Fabulous card, Keia! I LOVE how you made a fish bowl out of the snow globe! So incredibly sweet and clever!

    ReplyDelete