Sunday, April 4, 2021

The Flower Challenge| Pretty Pastels

Happy Sunday, Crafty Friends!


Today, I am sharing a card project for The Flower Challenge. This month's card challenge is pretty pastels. With spring in the air, this is a perfect time to head into your craft room and start playing with your favorite floral stamps and dies.



To create this card, I used Altenew's Beautiful Day stamp and die set. I inked the flowers using Catherine Pooler's lovely purples, and Altenew's green palette for the leaves. I wanted to add some visual interest to the background and achieved this by using Altenew's retired Dot Art stamp. I heat embossed the leaves with gold embossing powder and added a bit of color with a deeper purple inked background. A simple sentiment completes this card. 



Thank you for stopping by. For more inspiration, visit The Flower Challenge Blog. We are looking forward to seeing what you create! 


Happy Crafting,


Keia 

Join the conversation!

  1. Welcome to the team, Keia! You have created a marvelous, pastel card for us at The Flower Challenge! So happy you could join us this month!
    I am so sorry I didn't buy that 'dot art' set from Altenew! It adds such beautiful interest to the background, without stealing the show from your gorgeous lavender blooms!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colouring of your beautiful blooms and leaves Keia! I LOVE the dotty image in the background ... fabulous! Thanks for being our Guest Designer this month at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Loll, for having me. I appreciate the opportunity to design with such a talented group of creatives. Hugs

      Delete
  3. Great card Keia, thank you so much for being our Guest Designer this month over at 'The Flower Challenge' and gorgeous card here too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Viv, for having me! What a fun opportunity! Have a great and crafty week! Hugs

      Delete
  4. Love your card. The colors are gorgeous and I love the Altenew stamp sets you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth! I loved having a chance to ink that fabulous set. It had been lingering in m crafty stash for too long. LOL. Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  5. This is one of my favorite Altenew flowers, Keia. I used it on my card too. I love how you added the inked panel and gold embossed dotted leaves. It adds a lot of drama to your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bobby! Looking foward to seeing your lovely creation, too! Thank you for having me.

      Delete
  6. Your card is so pretty. This was one of my favorite stamp from Altenew when I first started buying from them. You’ve used the flowers in a very pretty arrangement. Your background is just so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your kind words! It was a joy to play along with the lovely designers from The Flower Challenge. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful inspiration card for our followers, Keia! Thank you so much for being our guest this month! The flowers are beautiful but I love the gorgeous inked background with the gold embossed pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and I love the purple! So very pretty! Thanks for being our guest designer this month!

    ReplyDelete