Sunday, June 30, 2013

JAS Challenge No. 57: Summer Colors

Good morning fellow crafters and scrappers,

Welcome to another Just A Scrappin' weekly challenge. This week we are stepping into summer and showing off the bold and bright colors of the season. The challenge is to use the summer colors yellow and orange to create a card, layout or project.

For this challenge, I decided to try creating a collage as the focal point of my card. I love how seemingly random embellishments can seamlessly come together to create a cohesive and aesthetically pleasing finished project. And if you have read any of my previous post, you know I am an embellishment hog. It is so difficult for me to let an embellishment go, so this card was a great way for me to freely part with my embellishments and see how much fun doing so could be.

I hope you enjoy the finished project. Please do not forget to stop by Just A Scrappin' to check out the blogs of my fellow DT members.

All the best and happy scrapping,

K




Card: A2

Paper: Authentique, MME, Basic Grey, Recollections, Stampin' Up, K&Company
Cartridge: Sweet Treats (tag)
Die/Stamp Sentiment: Papertrey Ink
Embellishments: Tim Holtz, vintage tag; Basic Grey: chipboard butterfly, flag, brads; Ribbon: Michaels; Cork, stash
Sewing Machine: Babyloc

Join the conversation!

  1. This is SO gorgeous! Not everyone can do a collage and have it so cohesive AND beautiful-great, great card!

    ReplyDelete