Sunday, June 19, 2022

Scrapbook.com| Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day, crafty friends!!


I hope your day is off to an amazing start! I love making cards, but find masculine cards to be my creative nemesis. Seriously, there are only so many motorcycle and tool-inspired cards I can design for my hubby before we both have had enough. When I am feeling stuck, I often take a look at cards online for inspiration. Did a certain color palette catch my eye? What about the graphics? Or the concept? Something is bound to spark a bit of creativity and get my creative juices following. This year, I created an "I am a Super Dad" graphic card for Father's day and I am happy with the way it turned out, even the hand-drawn bit.  




To create this card, I inked an A2 panel with Pinkfresh Studio's Storm and Sky Blue, and Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. Once the panel was completely dry, I then mixed together Lemon Chiffon, Orange Sherbert and texture paste to use with the Dotted Stencil. A great tip to remember is never be afraid to mix colors to achieve the color you have in mind. In this case, I wanted a darker yellow for my stencil design but did not have something like this in my Pops of Color collection. By mixing a bit of orange with yellow, I was able to achieve the desired color. The graphic speech bubble I drew by hand and then fussy cut the image so I could add foam tape behind it for dimension. A mix of alphabet fonts, using the Uptown and Classic Alphabet die sets, keeps with the Pop Art/graphic feel of this card. A simple "Happy Father's Day" heat embossed onto black cardstock completes this card. 



Thank you for stopping by and spending time with me. I hope this card inspires you to step into your creative spaces and make something beautiful!

Happy Crafting,

Keia 

Card Supplies: 




Join the conversation!