Monday, January 24, 2022

Scrapbook.Com| Hello...I Miss You

 Happy Monday, Sweet Freinds!!!


I am slowly making my way back into my craftroom. I have been feeling out of sorts and need a moment to creatively reset. There are times when I need to sit and reflect, take stock and process where I can improve as a creative. I love to color with my Copic markers; however, I have been wanting to learn some new techniques. I am interested in adding mixed media techniques to my repertoire. So feeling ready, but not necessarily completed refreshed, I stepped into my craftroom and played with some new craft goodies from Scrapbook.com, as well as adding in distress oxides, watercolors, and embossing paste. 



To create this card, I started by using mixed media paper as my foundation. Knowing that I would be using a mix of wet mediums, I wanted to make sure I used paper that could handle various techniques and remain intact without piling. The first layer is spring florals stenciled using Toffee ink dye onto a 3.75" x 5" card panel. To create a tone-on-tone effect, I then stamped a handwritten ledger onto the stenciled panel. Next, I added another stencil layer, but this time I colored embossing paste using Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. The new Shapes Dies Sprigs, from Scrapbook.com, provide a variety of lovely diecut foliage to add to my card. To achieve the varying colors from light to dark, I inked a white cardstock panel with Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint inks and added a touch of Sweet Basil (a deeper green ink from Taylored Expressions) to the tips of the sprigs once diecut. Diecut florals are so much fun to play with, and the Hibiscus Garden from Altenew is no exception. I layered these diecuts from a mix of white and neutral cardstock. Once I had the elements for my card, it was time to assemble it, add a sentiment, and a few gold watercolor splatters to finish the card. 




I love how this card turned out and it was such a blessing to my soul to spend a bit of time playing in my craftroom. It was wonderful layering images and mixing inks with paste. I am learning so much from a new mixed media artist I can across on YouTube. If you are interested in learning how to layer mediums, visit Marta Lapkowska at Marimi SmallArt (here). You will not be disappointed. Until we meet again, I hope you have a wonderful time playing in your crafty space.


Happy Creating,


Keia 


Supplies: 


Join the conversation!